Monday, February 1, 2010

White on White





A few days ago we did a project called white on white. I was really excited to do this project, because last year Taylor Brown had made a really cool photo with the project, and I was eager to produce something cool as well. :D I really like this photo because it tells a story, and although I didn't know what the story was exactly, I left it up to the viewer's imagination. 

I added some red, because plain white seemed a little boring to me, but I didn't add too much so it wouldn't take away from the subject which was white on white. I added a vignette to draw attention to the middle a little more, and overall I produced a photo that I really like and one I hope others like too.


7 comments:

  1. excellent! white on white is really difficult to pull off. The 'touch' of color gives this some story context, although it's unclear what happened. Really cool- I wsh I had taken this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome white on white and im totally diggin the blood work

    ReplyDelete
  3. This could be a picture for like PETA, and it's like how chickens are murdered everyday inhumanely. Just add "KFC = Murder", and bam, PETA advertisement. If I was part of that organization, I'd pay for this picture. :DD

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absolutely wonderful photo. The splatter of paint really compliments the feather that just fell. I also like the vignette on there. Really adds some type of aura or whatever on there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Alexis! I hope this ne goes in your portfolio and in contests. I'd like to see you do a series of photos similar to this. Maybe the feathers in differt positions with different splatters of blood or maybe different tings similar to the feathers on the same colored backgrounds. Like maybe a banana peel on a yellow background or a leaf on a green background. It's always interestning to see how a photographer can take a single great idea and turn it into a body of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexis im so jealous of you! Very nice picture! LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is like my absolute favorite picture. idk exactly why. it just says somethin to me. i really like the splats of blood. its not too much but not too little.

    ReplyDelete